Top tips for telecom audits
Do you have the visibility you need of your telecom inventory and audits? We see many organizations challenged with identifying services and maintaining healthy contract statuses. Performing regular telecom audits can help:
- Get full visibility into your telecom-related services and contracts with detailed analytics and reporting down to individual service levels
- Ensure contracts are up to date and services are billing at the correct rate
- Detect errors, inconsistencies, and orphaned services
Gain telecom inventory transparency and allocate expenses by department, location, and more
Automatic system auditsExpired contracts can cost thousands. brightfin performs 19 automated checks to provide insight into contract conditions, change management, and IT financial data.
Improved inventory accuracyUnderstand what services you have and where those services are located. We see a lot of organizations surprised by how much inventory is unaccounted for, unused, or being billed incorrectly.
Moves, adds, changes, disconnectsEnsure that your MACD ticket data is up to date and you’re not being over-billed or paying for disconnected services.
Deep contract insightsView contract details like minimum spend commitments or volume commitments alongside rate guides.
Cost savings and network upgrades
We help further reduce costs by identifying legacy technologies that can be replaced with more effective and less expensive alternatives. It’s critical for IT leaders to capture and allocate all IT costs accurately. By understanding your organization’s costs incurred, how these costs are driven, how the costs are “consumed” by IT services (or other entities such as business units), and the value delivered by IT services, you will be better equipped to make strategic upgrades.
Check out our free resources on why you need to be thinking about Network Transformations and how to successfully navigate through them.
Telecom audit considerations
Telecom audits are a critical piece of Telecom Expense Management (TEM). Our telecom experts review contracts, invoices, and inventories to give you a clear understanding of your telecom environment. Here are a few of the key questions to answer:
- Are contracts in line with industry standards?
- Are services billing at the correct contracted rate?
- Have services reverted to tariff rates?
- Are there expired contracts?
- Are there charges for deactivated services?
- Are there charges for closed locations?
- Are there equipment bills for lines that have been disconnected?
- Has the vendor started billing early for services?
- Do you have redundant services, such as 3 internet circuits going to the same location?
Get your free guide to automating, optimizing, and evaluating IT spend with 50 pages of content from industry experts, including:
- The IT spending trends you need to know
- 5 cost reduction strategies
- A guide to IT asset management
- Digital workplace solutions
- 10 KPIs for strategic IT finance planning
- And more