Siemens delivers a one-stop-shop for all IT products and services to manage 348,000 employees while driving down costs.
For years, Siemens has worked to steadily improve IT service management (ITSM) to ensure that its 10 divisions in over 200 countries receive high service quality at the best price. As its ITSM processes matured, Siemens began eliminating silos and establishing a single service integration platform.
“ServiceNow has helped us transform multiple processes within more than 15 tools into transparent, standardized processes, supported by a single service integration platform. For example, in the Mobile IT area we had 42 different hardware baskets in the past and now we have on standard hardware portfolio, which means far lower maintenance effort and a consolidation of hardware suppliers.
Download the full case study to learn how SIEMENs continues to drive improvement
- Enabled Siemens to put employees and their experience at the center of service integration
- Created the myIT portal, a one-stop-shop for all IT products and services currently used by over 285,000 employees to order and manage IT products and services and submit help desk tickets
- Fundamentally changed how Siemens manages IT, ensuring that the 10 divisions in over 200 countries receive high service quality at the best price
- Changed how Siemens collaborates with its providers by offering an eco-system with well-defined processes and standard interfaces, allowing Siemens to fully leverage cloud services
- Consolidated multiple systems onto one ServiceNow platform, increasing efficiency and transparency while accelerating time to market for new providers and services
- Achieved a timely ROI by shutting down legacy systems, increasing automation, driving self service, increasing competition, and providing full transparency